Soothe your little one to sleep with the Homedics SoundsSpa On-the-Go.
How to Safely Use White Noise
- Always read the manufacturer’s directions and safety warnings.
- Never put a white noise device, phone or tablet inside your baby’s cot.
- Make sure the volume is set to low or the minimum sound level and never louder than this.
- Use white noise only as a background sound, never in the foreground.
- Be mindful of the intrusive nature of high volume sounds, especially when your baby is trying to sleep.
- Aim for white noise level not to exceed a quiet conversation or a shower running.
- Turn the white noise off once your baby is asleep.
- Never place a white noise machine near your baby’s head or ears.
- Place the white noise machine as far away as possible from your baby’s cot.
- Turn the volume down or alternately, don’t turn it up to maximum.
- Only use for settling periods, no longer than an hour and turn off white noise once your baby is asleep.
- Try not to use a white noise machine for every sleep.
- Speak with your Child Health Nurse, GP and/or baby’s paediatrician about current research around white noise and the risks of using it.